French Aviation Safety Agency Says Egypt Airways, Flight Messages Showed Smoke On Board.

egypt-air_CHE19150d (1)
 
French aviation safety agency says Egypt Airways, flight messages showed smoke on board just moments disappeared.
These are safety messages that are automatically relayed by the flight and relayed to the ground stations so that mechanics can get ready to do repairs or top up fluids such oil which, the messages would have warned about whilst the plane is on the way.
Generally the smoke on board warning, is a coded message  on all flights, an indication of a fire on board but the real issue behind the crash will be determined once the plane’s black boxes are found.
The warnings indicated overheating, and smoke in the toilet area and finally smoke in the right hand sliding window of flight control bay and finally the windscreen temprature sensors reportedly gave off warnings, indicating a potential fire due to the high temperatures.
Generally the fact that Greek authorities attempted to contact the flight and failed two minutes before the flight was due to leave its air space but instead disappeared from radar.
This  series of warnings suggests a fire on board and could explain why there were no emergency calls from the captain as a fire on board is a catastrophic event particularly at night over the open sea and away from land, as the crew would probably been focused on dealing with the on board emergency.
Experts suggest that, it is unlikely to have been a sudden catastrophic event such as a bomb that instantly brought down the flight, but rather an unfolding emergency as the warnings show but the reality will only be known once the plane’s black boxes are found.
The news that the Egyptian navy had discovered debris from the missing flight, in the Meditarranean sea, which included seats, luggage and  body parts meant that, relatives can somehow begin to come to terms with the fact that the flight crashed and they may never recover bodies for burial.
The area of the search is approximately 3000 metres deep in the area of the ongoing  flight black boxes search.
More news to follow……….by Sibusiso Ngwenya
photo-heathrow-Egypt Airways

Bus Ferrying Blakiston Primary School Grade 4 Pupils Rolls Over 3times In Kariba Makuti Area

Blakiston-Primary-School-overturned-busA BUS ferrying Blakiston Primary School pupils from Harare for a field trip in Kariba was involved in an accident near Karoi on Monday morning, sending parents into panic, as social media networks broke the news.When NewsDay visited the school, restless parents and guardians were demanding clarification from authorities after learning of the news via several social media platforms including Facebook and WhatsApp.
 
Blakiston-Primary-School-overturned-bus
 
A school official, who declined to be named, confirmed the accident and said some pupils had been injured and taken to Karoi District Hospital, saying there were no fatalities.
“If you have relatives with Grade 4 kids at Blakiston Primary, may you check on them. Their bus was involved in an accident just after Karoi, Makuti area,” read a message on WhatsApp, while a picture of the stricken school bus also circulated.
 
“The bus rolled three times. We thank God no deaths were reported, but some were injured. The injured are admitted at Karoi Hospital.”
 
The official at the school said: “I cannot talk to the media without the authority from the (Education) ministry. Parents came here to enquire after learning of the accident, but as I said, I can’t say more.”
 
The bus is said to have rolled three times.
 
Police spokespersons Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba and  could not be reached for comment yesterday, as their mobile phones were not reachable.
 
A policeman in Karoi said he could not comment on the accident, as he had forwarded a report to Harare and only Charamba and Nyathi could comment.
 
While some parents were anxious about the safety of their children, others were attending the prize-giving day for the early childhood development class, seemingly oblivious of the unsettling situation. By Audrey Mutasa. source newsday

‘Welshman Ncube’s MDC Behaves Like Zanu-PF’, Says ‘Iphithule Maphosa’ Of Zapu

The Dumiso Dabengwa-led Zapu yesterday accused Zimbabwe’s opposition political parties of lack of commitment in working together to challenge President Robert Mugabe’s Zanu-PF and solve some of the country’s biggest problems.

Zapu said it was dismissing the possibility of a grand coalition given the ambivalence shown by their colleagues.
“The party has noted with concern the unfaithfulness and untrustworthy behaviour that is usually shown by those parties and organisations we have sought to work with in the past,” Iphithule Maphosa, Zapu acting spokesperson said in a statement released soon after the just-ended two-day National Peoples Council in the city.

He lashed out at the Welshman Ncube-led party for behaving in the same manner as Zanu-PF. Zapu pulled out of the 1987 Unity Accord between Mugabe’s Zanu-PF and Joshua Nkomo’s Zapu that followed the deployment of North-Korean-trained Fifth Brigade to crush rebellion by ex-Zapu guerrillas. Government forces are accused of killing thousands of civilians in the crackdown, but deny the death toll, estimated at 20 000 by rights groups.

“The latest point in reference was the currently parked Code (Coalition of Democrats) attempt where the (Ncube) MDC, while we were waiting for feedback from our structures as Zapu, we were surprised to see them uniting with the Renewal Team, a move that stalled our almost finished negotiations,” Maphosa said.
– See more at: http://www.bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-national-byo-72050.html#sthash.LiEprfV5.dpuf
Ncube MDC’s spokesperson Josh Mhambi dismissed the allegations as misguided and lacking depth.

“It will be recalled that the MDC, MDC Renewal, Mavambo/ Kusile/Dawn, Zapu and the NCA negotiated and came to an agreement captured in a draft document to create a coalition dubbed CODE.

“It will also be recalled that after the document had been finalised and was ready for signing, the leadership of Zapu and Mavambo/Kusile/Dawn requested for time to engage in consultative processes with their grassroots structures and membership for discussion and debate before they could affix their signatures to the document.”

Mhambi added the reunification agreement of the two MDC formations has nothing to do with the coalition of democratic parties as all the opposition parties received advance notice of it and the purposes behind it.

He, however, said his party was still committed to the coalition.
– Source-dailynews

40,000 migrants will be relocated to other EU states over the next two years

BN-HP576_SHIPSj_J_20150326145906

Migration has been top of the agenda for the European Union Summit summit, which opened on Thursday. European Union partners, have faced a deluge of thousands of migrants arriving by sea, many fleeing ,persecution, war , violence, terror and also simply economic migrants fleeing poverty mainly across African countries such as Syria, Eritrea, Somalia and Nigeria.

European Union (EU) leaders, after marathon deliberations over the unprecedented number of migrant arrivals on European shores that has been seen of late, have finally come to an agreement that is envisaged to alleviate part of the problem, as leaders agreed to relocate tens of thousands of migrants who have arrived in Italy and Greece by sea this year, whilst at the same time EU leaders agreed to resettle a total of 20,000 refugees who are currently outside the EU.

Of note is the United Kingdom who have chosen to be exempt from the scheme, using one of its exemptions as agreed in the EU Lisbon treaty.

The relocation programme is a wholly voluntary project by participating nations as some nations in eastern Europe refused to accept set out relocation quotas

The Summit chairman Donald Tusk announced that 40,000 migrants will be relocated from where they are and distributed to other European Union (EU) states over the next two years in a willing take up basis as there will be no mandatory quotas for each country.

The UN refugee agency UNHCR, statistics show that this year alone, a total of 63,000 migrants arrived in Greece and 62,000 in Italy by sea, showing the alarming rate of arrivals and the need for a responsive and joint initiative by the EU to resolve the crisis as it will only grow worse if ignored. by Sibusiso Ngwenya.

photo-Commercial vessels on busy Mediterranean routes asked to assist with waves of migrants-wjs